Photobucket

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Recipe, as promised



In my post yesterday, I promised I would share my recipe for Cinnamon Butter Crescent Rolls. 
I came across the recipe while on Pinterest one day.  You can find the original recipe HERE 

After making the recipe a couple times, I tweaked it a bit. 

Here is the recipe I am using now:

Cinnamon Butter Crescent Rolls

Ingredients:
2 tubes of crescent rolls - trust me, you will want to make both tubes (you can thank me later)

Filling:
10 TBS butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
5 tsps cinnamon

Topping/Glaze:
4 TBS butter, melted
1  cup confectioner sugar *use more of the sugar if you want a "whiter" glaze
1/2 tsp vanilla, if desired  **I made it using the vanilla and also without, really no difference to the taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray ***trust me clean up will be much easier
Roll out crescent rolls into triangle
Spread each triangle evenly with the butter filling
Roll up the triangles tightly
Place on baking sheet
Bake according to crescent roll can directions
While the crescents are baking, make the glaze
Combine melted butter, confectioners sugar, and vanilla (if desired) mix until smooth
Spread the glaze over the crescent rolls as soon as they come out of the oven
Eat and Enjoy!!

I have a feeling your family will enjoy this recipe as much as we do! 

Photobucket

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Those sound delicious. I will have to try them. On New Year's Day I made crescent rolls with the marshmallow rolled in cinnamon sugar wrapped inside (also Pinterest and sometimes called empty tomb rolls for Easter.) they were good but I didn't seal the seams well enough. The marshmallow did disappear, but only onto my pan.

Nancy said...

OH YAY!!! I'm so happy you posted this!
Thank you so much!! Looks divine & can't wait to try!!!

The 4-Crows Blog said...

Yum! Pinning this.

Kayla said...

oh my gosh... this looks incredible. stealing the recipe. thanks:)