Photobucket

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Tour of Our Home

Hello and welcome to the Crow family blog!!!  So glad you could stop by for a Christmas tour of our home!

I am linking up to Kelly's Korner: Show Us Your Life  - Christmas Tour of Homes  There are some beautiful decorations that  you really must check out.  :)

So, let's begin....

The front entry way:


As you walk in the front door, I hung some ornaments to separate the living room and the dining room:


Side table in the living room:


Dining room decor:


Christmas tree #1 in the living room:


topper of tree #1:


another view of tree #1:


Mantle in the living room:  (I hung a curtain rod from the stocking holders - an idea I saw on pinterest - my new addiction)


another view of mantle:


Christmas tree #2 in my daughter's bedroom: (she loves anything that glitters and sparkles, she actually said that her tree needed more sparkle, lol, yes she is most def. my child)


Christmas tree #3 in my son's bedroom - he loves sports, especially Alabama football (even though I have tried to persuade him to be an Auburn fan like me, lol)


Christmas tree #4: Gone with the Wind tree in our bedroom.  For as long as my husband and I have been together, he has given me a Gone with the Wind ornament almost every year


Tree #5 - Family tree - this is the tree in our basement.  Santa delivers to this tree.  This tree is ever changing.  Most years, it holds ornaments that J and I had has children along with ornaments we have collected since being married.  On the years that J is deployed, I make this tree a patriotic tree.  I was so glad to be able to decorate this tree this year, as I normally would :)


Tree #6 - Kids Tree - this tree is in the kids playroom.  We allowed the kids to decorate the tree all by themselves.  And they did.  We had no help in it at all.  This tree is full of ornaments that they have made at school along with ornaments they like. 

Another view of Tree #6 - close up of the topper...the kids decorated with jump ropes and costume jewelry at the top.  I can not help but smile. 


Did I mention I love pinterest???  It is so full of neat fun things!  I saw on there an idea to put ribbon on the front of your cabinets and pin Christmas cards on there to display.  So, I copied it.  Instead of securing the cards with clothes pins, I just use tape.  It is holding up great and I love how it makes the kitchen so festive too.

Another view of the cabinets:


and one last tree...Christmas Tree #7 has traveled many great distances.  Last year while J was in Afghanistan, his parents sent him this tree for his room.  It was so sweet to see (in pictures) this little tree set up in his room with the gifts wrapped up under neath all ready for him to open on Christmas morning all while we watched via skype.  We are surprised to see that this little tree made it back all in one piece and I wanted to set it up in our house just as a reminder of how blessed we are that Jesus has been so merciful to us to return our soldier home (for the 3rd time) and how faithful He is to give us this time together. 


I hope that everyone remembers the reason for this season!  Merry Christmas from our family to you!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Your home is beautiful just like The Crow family :)
Merry Christmas to one of my sweetest friends on Earth!!

Leslie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your decorations look great. I love the kids trees (my mom is a huge Alabama fan--she would love it! My family grew up in Huntsville.)

I love your Christmas Card idea.

Merry Christmas!

Andrea - Momfessionals said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Can't believe that you have 7 trees :) My favorite would have to be the last one... what a special treasure!
:) Andrea

twinkietotmom said...

Your Christmas decor is so fun! I love the front door & the ornaments hanging from the light fixture! I wanted to do something like that this year as well, but never got around to it. Our kids have little trees in their rooms too, but they were sleeping when I took the pics of the house, so I missed those in my post! My son wants us to add a tree to our room next year! Oh boy, before long we'll have one in every room, including the bathrooms I'm sure!

I'll Love You Forever said...

Cute!! Love all the trees and the front doorway decorations :) Merry Christmas to your beautiful family!

Summer said...

Love you trees Jessica,Happy Holidays and God Bless America!

Unknown said...

Love all your trees! Wish I had a bigger place to put multiple trees in :) And the ribbon on the cabinets is such a cute idea to hold Christmas cards. I love pinterest too!!

Hopping over from Kelly's Korner :)

The Cibulas said...

What a beautiful tour! I wish I could spend Christmas at the Crow house! Merry Merry Christmas to you all!

Katie @ Team Skelley said...

I love the red and light green that you used! I think I prefer it to the traditional hunter green of the past.

Thank you for your sweet comment at Team Skelley! Are you in Birmingham? We live in Huntsville!