Photobucket

Sunday, July 3, 2011

2 Blue Stars to 1 Blue Star

As many of you know, my husband and my brother have both been deployed to Afghanistan since last fall.  That is why I have the 2 blue star sticker on my sidebar and on my car.  (For those who do not know the history of the Blue Star flag, click HERE to read a little about it)  Well, I am SO HAPPY to report that....

My 2 Blue Star Sticker is now....
A 1 Star Sticker!!!!!


YAY!!!!  My brother, Jeremy, is HOME from Afghanistan!!!!  Deployment #2 for him is now O-V-E-R!!!

Jeremy, came in late last week and we got to pick him up at the airport. Now a trip to the airport (that is 2 hours away) with 2 kids in tow is always an adventure...so let me give you a little snipit of that fun :)
We left town with plenty of time for the expected arrival of the plane. As we got on the interstate, I got the email that the plane was delayed an hour. As the drive continued, the emails continued with further notice of...would you believe...delays (ha, big surprise right???) By the time we got to town, the plane was now 3 hours late! So we did the only thing we could think of to pass the time...eat dinner and shop (:
We made it to the airport with still an hour to waste before Jeremy would get there so we found a seat and tried to make ourselves comfy. Now, before we left town the kids and I made signs and even bought balloons. The balloons made it thru the entire 2 hour drive and all the stops along the way. They made it into the airport and unfortunately were left at the airport. I was DETERMINED that Uncle Jeremy was getting the balloons. I would not let the kids  hold them because I just knew they would let go of them so I kept the balloons. BIG mistake...



See above...the balloons are now on the ceiling :(  I thought the balloons were tied to my purse...boy was I wrong.  I reached into my purse and away the balloons went.  The balloons were floating further and further away before any of us realized what was going on.  It was too late...the balloons were gone...off to decorate the ceiling.  At least we had a long (semi-delirious) laugh about it. 


Jack and Madi waiting (behind the line cause you will get into trouble if you cross that line) holding their sweet handmade signs waiting on Uncle Jeremy to come through. 


And finally....Uncle Jeremy is here!  We were soooooo excited to see him!!!! 


Madeline, Uncle Jeremy, and Jack - They were very happy to see Uncle Jeremy and have not let him out of their sight yet.  It has been so sweet.  He rode in the backseat the whole way home because they asked him to.  He has spent a lot of time with them (taking them to the movies and lunch and fireworks show and just playing outside) Of course, I am loving it too because I am getting a little break (=


The kids and me with my brother.  Jeremy gave the kids some cool new hats with the new camo design on them.  They LOVE them and are always wearing them.  He also gave them a coin from where he was stationed. 


I am so very grateful to have Jeremy home with us.  I am beyond thankful that God, in His perfect grace, returned him home to us.  I am so thankful for his service and protection, especially thankful to the ONE who provided that.  I am really enjoying having my brother home.  He is staying with us and we are loving it.  Just this afternoon I came in from the grocery store to find Jeremy, Jack and Madi asleep on the couch.  It was such a sweet sight (kicking myself for not getting a picture)  I am so very glad he is here with us.  Now if Jason could just get home, I would feel complete ;) 

Oh, have I mentioned yet that it is July...which means it is finally the month I will get to see my hubby!  yay!! Hurry up R&R!!

Below is a video of when we first Jeremy:

Photobucket

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Welcome home, Jeremy, and thank you for your service! Happy 4th of July to all of you!

Shelly said...

I am so very glad your brother is home. And it is even better that you and the kids are able to spend lots of quality time with him. I hope R & R comes really fast and then goes really slow during it.

Nancy said...

YAYYYYYY!
SO happy your handsome brother is home & safe & WITH YOU!!!
Can't wait until you get to go pick your man up!!
Happy 4th of JULY!!!! Thank you Jason & Jeremy!!!

Anonymous said...

So happy your brother is home safe! Such great pictures. I can't wait to see the ones from when your honey comes home!

The Cibulas said...

That is incredible news! So happy for you and your family. One more...