Photobucket

Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Papa


My Papa and Jackson


My Papa and my little brother Jeremy


Not sure where to begin with this post so I will just get straight to the point. I am asking you to please pray for my papa. I found out a couple days ago that my granddad's cancer has come back. Of course it has taken me a few days to get a hold of this. Why does this evil cancer have to come back. He kicked its butt once, why come back...so he can kick it again I guess. Over the past couple of days I have really just wanted to run away. I even told my mom that I just wanted to crawl in a big hole. How much more???? Things just seem so overwhelming already then I find out about this and I just want to scream. But I trust our most sovereign Lord that He is in control. I really do trust that and know that, it is just overwhelming. Then I think about my Papa and what a great godly man that he is and I marvel at his calmness as he faces each health battle. I admire him for the way he handles incredibly difficult times. So please join me in praying for my Papa. Pray for his strength as he fights this cancer battle once again. Pray that this 4 month treatment will work and there will be no need for plan b. Papa has other health problems as well so please pray that these do not affect his treatment or recovery. Pray for my Mama Beth as she cares for him. Thank you for your prayers!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica,

I am praying for your Papa and your family. If there is anything I can do please ask.

Kim

Aimee said...

I am praying for you. I hope you can spend some time with your Papa soon. I know its so hard. I am asking God to let me bear some of your heartache. You are a great mama. You have so much patience with MadZilla! Whew! That girl is seriously a mess! God love her.

KristinRanae said...

I'm praying for your Papa too:( I know how cancer can destroy things and make life seem so hard. I'm thinking of you and your family!

Tamara said...

I am praying for you and your Papa. If I can do anything please let me know.

Alan,Tasha,Allie,Zach said...

jess,
Please know your are in our prayers and we will be praying for your Papa that the Lord will provide everything he needs to beat this horrible thing called cancer! You are a strong Godly woman and I know you feel hopeless,but just hold on God will meet your needs! We love you and are here for whatever you might need! In His Grace!

Melanie Harmon said...

Jessica, We'll be praying for your Papa and for your entire family.

Acker Family said...

I'm so sorry... I, and my family, will be praying for you.
~ABIGAIL~

Anonymous said...

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Because I've recently dealt with this myself, I understand how hard it can be to watch someone you love go through it! Just remain strong and continue to stay close to GOD! Please tell your family I said hello and they are in my thoughts and prayers as well. Your papa holds a special place in my heart as of known him almost my entire life... Love you!!!