Photobucket

Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Super Bug and Mother's Day...


This is what happens when the super bug hits..siblings get along :)



The sweet card my babies got me :)



The heart shaped necklace my little man picked out all by himself...the best!



The sweet tile charm from my friend Jamie...incredible!

It has been a messy week (literally) at the Crow House. We have been hit by the "super bug." It all started Tuesday when Miss Madeline got round 2 of the stomach virus. Then Wednesday Jackson started with his second round! Luckily Jackson's only lasted 24 hours. Unfortunately Madeline's did not. After 3 full days of not keeping anything down I took her to the doctor at which time the doctor admitted her to the hospital. Bless her heart she was so dehydrated that when she cried she did not even have tears. :( After SEVERAL unsuccessful sticks in the hand the nurse finally was able to get an IV in Madeline's foot. (poor baby) After 24 hours of continuous fluids Madeline finally started acting like my Madzilla :) She went from laying on me barely able to hold her head up to jumping in the steal monkey cage (aka hospital crib) The fluids helped her tremendously! I am so thankful that they worked. Being in the hospital all alone with a sick child was so hard! I missed having my supportive husband! I never realized what a strength he is for me until I am forced to do things without him. I know that it was so hard for him to be so far away and not able to be there. I am so grateful for my ever faithful Lord and Saviour who is giving me strength during this super bug, but also sustained me while we were in the hospital alone. Madeline was released (and not a moment too soon, I had about all I could take) So we are home now and Madeline is doing so much better. She is still having diarrhea so please pray with me for that to subside and my little girl to get her appetite back. (and pray that the super bug does not attack me...goodness knows I can not get sick)

Mother's Day has been so sweet. Jason was able to call several times so I really cherished that! My Jackson went shopping (courtesy of his Granna) and got me a sweet heart shaped necklace (that he picked out all by himself) He said "this make you happy mommy" (if that don't melt your heart I don't know what will) Since we are still in "quarantine mode" we missed church which was a bummer, but we had lunch brought to us (always nice when I don't have to think about my meals) ;) My sweet friend Jami brought me a beautiful tile charm with a picture of my family on it. I am so thankful for the wonderful friends and family God has placed in my life.

We are suppose to be heading to the beach to vacation with my mom and brother, but I am waiting to see how Madeline is doing before I go to far from home.

In closing I am going to leave you with this poem on Mother's. Enjoy!


This is for the mothers who have sat up

all night with sick toddlers in their arms,

wiping up barf laced with Oscar Mayer

wieners and cherry Kool-Aid saying,

'It's okay honey, Mommy's here.'


Who have sat in rocking chairs for hours on end

soothing crying babies who can't be comforted.


This is for all the mothers who show up at

work with spit-up in their hair and milk stains

on their blouses and diapers in their purse.


For all the mothers who run carpools and

make cookies and sew Halloween costumes.

And all the mothers who DON'T.


This is for the mothers who gave birth to

babies they'll never see. And the mothers

who took those babies and gave them homes.


This is for the mothers whose priceless art

collections are hanging on their refrigerator doors.


And for all the mothers who froze their buns

on metal bleachers at football or soccer games instead

of watching from the warmth of their cars.

And that when their kids asked, 'Did you see me, Mom?'

they could say, 'Of course, I wouldn't

have missed it for the world,' and mean it.


This is for all the mothers who yell at their kids

in the grocery store and swat them in despair when

they stomp their feet and scream for ice cream before dinner.

And for all the mothers who count to ten instead,

but realize how child abuse happens.


This is for all the mothers who sat down with

their children and explained all about making

babies. And for all the (grand)mothers who

wanted to, but just couldn't find the words.


This is for all the mothers who go

hungry, so their children can eat.


For all the mothers who read 'Goodnight,

Moon' twice a night for a year. And then

read it again, 'Just one more time.'


This is for all the mothers who taught

their children to tie their shoelaces before

they started school. And for all the mothers

who opted for Velcro instead.


This is for all the mothers who teach their sons

to cook and their daughters to sink a jump shot.


This is for every mother whose head turns

automatically when a little voice calls 'Mom?'

in a crowd, even though they know their

own offspring are at home -- or even away

at college -- or have their own families.


This is for all the mothers who sent their kids

to school with stomach aches, assuring them

they'd be just FINE once they got there, only

to get calls from the school nurse an hour later

asking them to please pick them up. Right away.


This is for mothers whose children have gone

astray, who can't find the words to reach them.

For all the mothers who bite their lips until they

bleed when their 14 year old dye their hair green.


For all the mothers of the victims of

recent school shootings, and the mothers

of those who did the shooting.


For the mothers of the survivors,

and the mothers who sat in front of their TVs

in horror, hugging their child

who just came home from school, safely.


This is for all the mothers who taught their

children to be peaceful, and now pray

they come home safely from a war.


What makes a good mother anyway?

Is it patience? Compassion? Broad hips?

The ability to nurse a baby, cook dinner, and

sew a button on a shirt, all at the same time?


Or is it in her heart?

Is it the ache she feels when she

watches her son or daughter disappear

down the street, walking to school alone

for the very first time?


The jolt that takes her from sleep to

dread, from bed to crib at 2 A.M. to put

her hand on the back of a sleeping baby?


The panic, years later, that comes again

at 2 A.M. when she just wants to hear

their key in the door and know they

are safe again in her home?


Or the need to flee from wherever she is

and hug her child when she hears news

of a fire, a car accident, a child dying?


The emotions of motherhood are

universal and so our thoughts are for

young mothers stumbling through diaper

changes and sleep deprivation....

And for mature mothers learning to let go.


For working mothers and stay-at-home mothers.


Single mothers and married mothers.


Mothers with money, mothers without.


This is for you all. For all of us...


Hang in there. In the end we can

only do the best we can. Tell them

every day that we love them. And pray

and never stop being a mother....

2 comments:

Alan,Tasha,Allie,Zach said...

Jess,
I hope things are getting back to normal,I know your exhausted! You are an awesome mom, I'm glad to watch you with the kids,even during a BUG! I really hope you get your trip, you could use the R&R!! Remember,God will give you strength to deal with whatever trial your going through! Love ya!

Aimee said...

Hey girlie,
I thought about posting what I said this morning when I called you....but I'll behave! But, it was truly that!
So glad little Madi is back full force???? I love all the sweet things they got you, how precious are your babies...
Call me if you leave for the beach!