Photobucket

Monday, May 23, 2011

All-Stars

Tonight is our last regular season ball game and though I am a little sad about the regular season being over, I am excited because my little Jack made All-Stars!  YAY!  I am so proud of him and all his accomplishments over the last year!  Of course, it is going to be a VERY busy summer for us, but busy is good and will help the time pass quickly (and for that I will not complain)
We had our first all-star practice yesterday.  It was great.  The kids got a chance to meet the coaches and to meet the other players on the team.  Jack was so excited because he knew a lot of the kids on the team already. 
The team practiced their hitting off the tee.  The league we play in uses a catapult (which I love because it gets the boys ready for the pitching machine) but the other teams we play against do not use a catapult so we had to go back to using the tee.  These boys can really hit the ball off the tee.  Here is Jack practicing his hitting:



Since this was the first practice, the boys played in several different spots.  It gave the coaches a chance to see where the boys should play. 



Here is Jack playing at 3rd base, which is where he plays during the regular season.  2 other boys who made the team also play 3rd during the regular season and they are all very good. 



A quick little team meeting.  I can not wait to watch this team come together...I know they are going to be GREAT!




I wanted to share a quick video from a regular season game last week.  I was telling J all about how intense this game was and how into it I was...let me set the stage for you...Our team is down by 8 runs.  It is the last inning of the game and we have final bat.  Our team is doing great and has scored 6 runs, so we are down by 2.  We have 2 outs.  Jack is up to bat with a runner on 2nd and 3rd (which would tie the game)...no pressure Jack (I am glad that at this age they are clueless about this stuff)  Jack is up...3 pitches off the catapult and all 3 misses...yikes...mommy is standing at this point.  The tee comes out...Jack hits it hard!  The ball goes all the way to the fence.  2 runs were scored to tie us up.  Jack gets a triple.  So Jack, which would be the winning run is on 3rd and there are 2 outs.  Next batter up gets tagged out, Jack's run does not count :(  It was a great game though!  So, I set the stage for you...now watch this video (pause the music player) and you can hear how into the game that I am...excuse the yelling and cheering (like I said I was into it) the video stops before Jack gets to 3rd base because I dropped the camera (ha!)


Photobucket

2 comments:

It's Something Beautiful said...

Yay for making the all-stars! That so exciting. Who knows, you may have a future pro in the family :)

Nancy said...

Congrats!!! Way to go, Jackson!!