We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! The weather was perfect, the food was fabulous, and having everyone together was priceless!
It was so nice to finally spend a holiday with my family being complete...really makes you appreciate time together. :)
For Thanksgiving we had the blessing of 2 meals...we started out at lunch at my in-laws house. We had a huge spread and got to spend time with Jason's family. It was a great time and we ate way too much. For dinner we journeyed over to my brother's house where my mom was along with my brother's roommate and his family. We ate way too much there too...by the end of the day I was thankful for elastic ;)
Below are some pictures of our Thanksgiving:
Madeline and Jason:
Jason and Jackson:
Me and Madeline:
Madeline modeling her thanksgiving outfit:
the kids playing a game of football with Uncle Zach:
my mother in laws cute tablescape complete with a thankful tree:
Jack writing on his leaf what he is thankful for. He wrote that he is thankful for God. :)
Madeline writing what she is thankful for - she "wrote" everything
Jason wrote he was thankful for being home with his family.
I wrote that I was thankful for no empty plates at the table this year...so thankful for that this year!
Family photo - Jason, his mom, his granddad and the kids:
Jason and his mom:
*I regret that I forgot to take pictures at my brothers house :( I could kick myself for it.
This Thanksgiving season has been such a time of reflection for me. I am thankful for so much.
1. I am thankful for salvation
2. I am thankful that the blood of Jesus has covered all my sins and washed me clean
5. For my husband returning home safely
6. For my brother returning home safely
7. For the love my husband has for me
8. For my family-for the love they have always shown, for their encouragement, for their support
11. I am thankful for friends - it is not an easy task to be a friend to someone who is going through a tough journey...I am so thankful for those friends who held me up- for their calls, notes, messages, texts, lunch dates, prayers and just time hanging out ...they made some really hard days easier and some good days great!
12. I am thankful for lessons learned...
13. I am thankful for Wives of Faith - it was such an encouragement to me during my journeys through deployments. I have loved being a part of this organization and watching God grow it.
14. I am thankful for the girls in my bible study. I have witnessed such growth in these special ladies. I am looking forward to our next study starting up very soon.
15. I am thankful for all those who helped me out while Jason was gone. Many days I found myself going in 200 different directions and without the help of running kids to activities, the meals delivered to us, and my family for keeping the kids overnight occasionally so I could rest..I know I could not have made it with out them.
16. I am thankful for blogging - it has allowed me to meet some great people and has given me opportunities I would not have otherwise had.
I am just thankful...thankful for so very much!
I hope that each one of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!