Photobucket

Friday, June 1, 2012

Jack's Graduation

Jack has completed first grade! Last week, the first graders put on an end of the year program complete with some cute songs and funny jokes. They did such a great job! After their little performance, all the students were awarded certificates of completion, yay! Jack had a great school year! He loved his teacher (as did I). He made lots of new friends. And completely amazed me with all the knowledge he gained...seriously I do not think I knew that much in first grade. He loves reading....and jumped ahead to grade levels with his reading. But I think math is going to be his favorite subject...he is always solving math problems. He had me stumped when he started adding double and triple digits...now he is multiplying double digits. Yes, I often get out the calculator to make sure the answer is right. ;) Every time we get in the car, he asks me to give him problems to do...maybe I should just print off some worksheets??? I can only come up with so much, ha!

Seriously though, he makes me very proud and absolutely amazes me with not only his knowledge, but his love of learning, his love of sports, and his love of others.

Here are a few pictures from Jack's graduation:

Jack receiving his certificate from the principal:


Jack and his wonderful teacher, Mrs. Young:


Jack and daddy:


Jack and mommy:


Our new 2nd grader:


Goodness...how can it even be possible that I am going to have a 2nd grader??? Well, I am off to enjoy the day with the kids :) Hope everyone is having a great summer! Photobucket

2 comments:

I'll Love You Forever said...

Aw, you are such a cute momma! Great pictures! Yay Jack!

Anonymous said...

Made my day once once more, wonderful post..two thumbs up!:)