Photobucket

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Trials...

So this is only the 4th day of 400+ days I have before me of being a "single" parent and let me just say it is difficult. Sorry, I am just being honest :). God and I have done a lot of talking these past 4 days...ok maybe I have done more talking than listening, but I am working on that. Jason is doing fine. He calls every chance he can, but it always seems to be when the children are asleep. I know he really wants to talk to them so hopefully he will be able to call at a time when they are awake. Jackson is having a really difficult time. He asks all day "where's daddy", "I want my daddy". When I try to explain things to him, he gets mad and lashes out. He has even started to regress a little. Madeline is just Madeline. She is exploring new heights (literally) and seems to be doing ok so far. Of course she is not really big enough to understand what is going on around her.

In my quiet time today I studied 1Peter 4:12-13
"Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy."

From my understanding this is about Christian persecution, but it really touched me as I am facing my own fiery trial of suffering. I gathered from further study that 4 attitudes are necessary when going through a trial:
1. expect it (we all know that trials are inevitable...we are either coming out of one, in one, or going into one)
2. rejoice in it
3. evaluate its cause
4. entrust it to God (I am so greatful that I can cast all my worries on Him - Psalm 34:17 "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles"

So even though things right now are very trying I am ever so greatful for this suffering. I know Christ is using this time to shape me. I know that He hears my cries and is taking my burden and for that I am so thankful. I could not do it on my own.

Thank you for continuing to check the blog...sorry its been a few days since an update, but as you can imagine life has been turned upside down. Please continue to pray for our family and specifically Jackson's understanding.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica, between you and Aimee, this ole girl is learning about blogs.

Thank you for doing this. Your Jason is our country's hero, but you are ours as you stand for so much as you assume the role of Mom and Dad and you stand strong because of your great faith. I know some days are more difficult than others, but you don't stand alone, because you have the love and support of so many of us. You are just one of those folk that are so easy to love. What a beautiful family you have. God is good, isn't He. Remember my favorite scripture verse: Phil. 4:6-7 Living Bible translation
"Don't worry about anything. Pray about everything. Tell God your needs and don't forget to thank Him for his answers."

dvaxcan said...

Hi,
I work with Betty and just wanted to send my prayers to you and your family.
We all love Betty and our prayers will be sent your way throughout the year.
God bless...
Dianne

Anonymous said...

Jessica
I pray for you and your kids that the time apart from Jason will go by quickly. Jason is serving out country and that is something to admire and be proud of. May God give you and your kids the PEACE that calms you and keeps you in his will. Thank you for keeping me and everyone else updated. Keep praying and seeking God's voice. Melinda

Misty said...

James 1:3; ..the testing of our faith produces endurance! Our relationship with Christ grows the most when we are "in the fire." I will pray for you, and praise God that He thinks you are ready to "step-up" a level in your walk!

Anna said...

I'm not sure if you've done any of Beth Moore's studies or seen her speak. My mom, sis, and I are studying Daniel and have studied Chapter 3 about the fiery trial of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Verse 27 states there was no smell of fire on them and Beth's video on this chapter was awesome. I pray God will deliver you through this fire with no smell of smoke.

Barb said...

Jessica, I am so thankful to be able to walk in such a personal journey with you and your family. Being raised in a military family I know the sacrifices and pride that comes with it. I have grown to really respect our military (although I do not always understand our motives as a country) but because of them I know that I can go to bed at night with a sense of peace, because I know they are standing on the frontline protecting our freedom. Thank you for being candid and sharing.

Love ya,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Jessica,

I miss seeing Jason around the office. I know it's got to be really tough right now. You and Jason are raising great kids, and GOD is watching over your family and Jason. Our family will continue to pray for Jason's safe return and please let us know if we can do anything. We'll always be here for ya'll. GOD BLESS

Matt