Photobucket

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just what the little dr's order...

Little late on this post, but hey better late than never right???
To say that last week was "challenging" would be putting it lightly, but we made it through and it is a new week.
I have learned some things through this deployment (a lot of them the hard way). I have learned that if it is going to break down, go flat, tear-up, need replacing, get sick, get hurt, etc ...(the list could go on forever) then it is going to happen when your husband is thousands of miles away and unreachable on the phone. Well wouldn't you know that I would have car trouble yet again? Started off as a simple problem...dead battery. Take the car to service dept. and told no problem we will have you out in 10 minutes. Of course there has to be a problem right...nothing can be as simple as replace the battery. Nope you see, the battery acid leaked causing a heap of other problems and this service dept could not get the battery out. So off to another service dept. to get fixed...now mind you this is 3 hours later and the kids are restless. Long story short, the car is fixed. But by the end of the day I was drained. As I lay on the couch I told the kids that mommy had a headache and to play quietly...yeah right...play and quietly are 2 words that do not mesh. :)
They decided they needed to dr. mommy. So Jack convinced me to lay on the hardwood floor because it would be so much more comfy than the couch (I would only buy this from a 4 yr old) So I obliged and lay down on the floor. Then the 2 of them "took care" of mommy. Madeline got her dr. kit and gave me a shot for my cavities (don't ask...Madeline is obsessed with cavities). Then Jackson placed his speed race helmet on me because he said it would take the head ache away. And you know what, for that moment I was able to laugh and it did take my headache away. Those kids are just what I needed at that very moment :)
Here is a picture of me laying on the floor with my "headache helmet"...

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Next to come to Birmingham, I'm giving you a ONE HOUR massage.

The Davis Family said...

Jessica, you are such a faithful mama. Hang in there girl, Not too much longer and you can take a nap again. You are being a great example to many of us who have it a lot better than you but still complian. Thank you.

Lisa said...

I love the headache helmet.

Tasha said...

Jess,
I'm so sorry for all the Murphy's Law stuff! But your strength to just lay down and laugh about it with the kids is so amazing, you are a great mom!! I know it's been hard this time around with having kids to care for but, the Lord knew they would get you through the rough patches.And the helmet is adorable,you still look beautiful! hugs for all!
Tasha

Anonymous said...

The things we will do to make our children happy...... Hope your cavities are better!

Kim

Jessica said...

Sometimes the little dr's know just what to order. I hope you have had a better week!
Kadle

Briana said...

I love this!!! And knowing your two children and logic you and I had as kids, I can see where you fell for this!! Hope you are better!! :)

Briana said...

Oh and Nancy, can I get signed up for one of those Massages? :) Good to see things are well!!