Photobucket

Friday, January 28, 2011

Things That Make Me Smile

Guess what we got yesterday???  We got a much needed, much anticipated care package from daddy.  YAY!  (I say anticipated because we have been waiting nearly a month for this package to arrive) 

Yesterday after running all our errands we returned home to see a package on the front porch (insert squeals of excitement)  The kids could not get out of the car fast enough.  They ran to get the box and rushed inside to open it.

Waiting patiently for me to get the scissors to open the box.


Opened it up and found an assortment of goodies.  =)  There were hats for the kids, table runner, movies, comic books, a purse, and a throw/pillow case set. 
Just me modeling the hat...I had no idea how to fix it...guess I need to brush up on the lastest fashion trends from the mountain region, ha.



Madeline got an adorable little purse.  It is just the perfect size for her.  She loves it because it is so "sprakly"



The beautiful new table runner.  I already have it out on the dining room table.  =)






Ok, when I first opened this up, I was unsure exactly what it was.  I thought it was a throw because it came with 2 smaller pieces that looked like they could be a pillow case but I was unsure.  I could not find any openings in the "pillow cases" so then I thought, well maybe its a table cloth and they were place mats...but then I was confused why it would only have 2 place mats.  I decided just to use the "throw" as a decorative piece since I was unsure what it was.  Turns out, it is a throw and those were pillow cases.  HA!  Or so the person who sold it to my hubby says...I must ask, Jason, do you believe everything your told??? (I kid)  Now that I know what it is, I am tossing my ideas around in my head...I have been thinking about redoing our bedroom...so this may be the direction I go in.  (I will keep you posted on that idea)



Here are the kids in the hats.  I am telling ya, I have no clue how these are suppose to be fixed.  I have since received a lesson...roll them up and flatten them on the top...ok, got it. 

As we were rummaging through all our goodies, the door bells rings.  The kids excitedly run to the door (they love to have visitors)  No visitors this time, BUT there was another package!  A box of flowers!!!  With my name on it!! 
I was completely suprised!  Completely!  Was not expecting this at all!  I check the bank account daily, so I knew that they were not from my sweet hubby...so then I start checking to make sure it was not delievered to the wrong house...nope...my name was clearly on the box.  hmmm....I find the card and read that it is from Jason's very sweet and thoughtful cousin, Dana.  When I see that, I of course start tearing up...it meant so much to me! 

I opened the box to find this beautiful orchid. 



I found the perfect place for it!  I love it ;) 

These goodies not only made me smile, it comforted me just when I needed it and it was just the encouragement I needed to keep going! 

Photobucket

8 comments:

Shelly said...

Your hubby did a great job with the gifts. I LOVE the table runner. And the orchid is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Those are great gifts! Your hubby did a great job. My daughter also loved the little purse. :-)

Crystal said...

how exciting! i know that has to make your day!

Crystal said...

how exciting! i know that has to make your day!

Crystal said...

Great gifts and even more great that it made you (and the kids day!)! The table looks beautiful with the runner and candles!

Nancy said...

Great gifts, Jason!
I love the table runner!
And Kenlee thinks Madeline's purse is really neat in the picture :)
I am so happy you had a day full of goodness, Jessica!! Just what you deserve.
Lots of Love to you, my friend!

Lisa said...

What great gifts. He picked the perfect things. I can't wait to see what you do with your bedroom!

LeighAnne said...

You have the sweetest hubby!! I can only imagine how much joy these surprise packages bring to you and the kids!! :)