Photobucket

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Have A Question

I do need to pose a question/pick your brains just a little, but before I get to that I want to apologize for my lack of blogging...I am blaming Murphy again for this...you know Murphy right?  Shows up when the hubby leaves.  For us it started with sickness (the kids then me) then it has just been little things here and there that are really not that big of a deal unless they are all rolled together (which is my luck)  So, a few days ago I sat down to do my 2010 in review...got it all ready just needed to find some pictures and type it up.  Simple right?  Uh yea, simple if your computer worked.  Yea.. my laptop crashed.  It started off with not letting me use the internet.  So I tried everything I could to fix that.  Did not work.  Ok fine.  I thought maybe it was just my internet because we have been experiencing problems with our provider.  So I started to type up my post just to have it saved...and then the computer would just go blank.  Several times after restarting it.  My heart was sinking...I knew my problem was much bigger than internet problems.  I frantically (along with help) begin to save all my pictures (don't ask how many...thousands...seriously..thousands)  I got those saved (thank goodness) and all of my important files saved.  So whew.  They are safe for now.  The laptop...well...its a gonner.  So I had to resort to the dinosaur of a desktop we have.  It is working so I should not complain, but none of my pictures are on it and I am afraid to put any on it because it has its own issues.  So I am just posting with no pictures.  Maybe I will still do my 2010 review...there is so much I wanted to write for my own memory sake (not that anyone would really care, ha)  Hopefully the new laptop will be here soon.  Sheesh.

Ok, so enough about that...

I need some help...so please allow me to pick your brains =)
I am going to be filming a short video about deployment that will be shared on an online bible study.  In the realm of deployments, what would you like to hear me discuss???  Please toss out any ideas that come to your mind when you think about deployment.  Do you want to hear about coping?  Fear?  Telling the kids?  What would you like to hear me talk about?  I really would like your feedback here.  This is open to anyone, not just military spouses.  So please, if you don't mind, share with me what you would like to hear discussed.

Thank you!

Photobucket

4 comments:

The Allen Family said...

i'm not sure how long your video can be, but i would like to hear about all of those topics: fears, telling the kids, how you cope... including how the deployed spouse copes!

all very interesting to families who experience it (i'm sure) and to those who haven't yet...

Shelly said...

I'd love to read about telling your kids--I remember you mentioning it before and the way you did it seemed to work pretty well.

How do you help your children cope?

How do you keep a marriage strong despite the distance and separate lives?

JJ said...

so sorry to hear about your laptop...we have had 3 different laptops in the past 4 years...they can be VERY frustrating!!! anyway...i think i would be interested to know how you handle the lonliness. i would imagine there are some very lonely times....
Also, not sure what your schedule is during the week but the girls and I would love to hang out with y'all sometime! FB me and let me know!Praying for you:)

Karren said...

I would love to hear how you keep your marriage strong and the romance going during deployments.