Photobucket

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's Almost Time

It's almost time for us to go get our soldier!  (yes I am very much excited)

J got to call us the other day and fill us in on some events that will take place.  He asked that at graduation for the kids to pin on his new rank.  How awesome is that!?!

When I told the kids that daddy wanted them to pin on his new rank both of them got SO VERY EXCITED! (even though I am not sure they have any clue what that even means)

I tried to explain to them what it meant and what they would need to do.  After that, we used Pops as our model and practiced pinning him so the kids would be a little prepared for it.  

how cute is that? 

Well, I am off to pack up a few things and hit the road....I am a little nervous....


Photobucket



2 comments:

Nancy said...

Yay!!! So happy they get to pin their Daddy! Those will be precious pictures!
Be safe in your travels, my friend! Love you!

Unknown said...

Yay!! I am so excited for you!!! Especially for the kids to get to pin Jason! So fun! You all will always remember that and what a great picture that will make!!! Ha! Makes me teary eyed just thinking about it. Funny story…..I have a wonderful picture of Bryan being pinned as a young officer…his Dad on one side who has since passed away and his ex-wife on the other side…wish I could chop off the ex-wife and the picture still look normal….ha!!! :-)