Photobucket

Monday, September 10, 2012

Some thoughts today...





This morning, while having some quite time, this verse really stood out to me....

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. " Romans 12:12

So, I broke it down a little bit in my thoughts and wanted to share....

Rejoice in hope -  be happy in our confidence, rejoice in our confident hope.  Hope - that is in the hope of eternal life - remember that right now is just temporary...this life is just temporary, but our confidence/trust can be placed in the eternal hope

be patient in tribulation -  tribulation = affliction - knowing that when I suffer as a Christian it is suffering for Christ's sake.  Being patient implies steadfastness - enduring all that may be appointed - trusting that in these life interruptions there is a purpose.

be constant in prayer -  it is important  (necessary) to be in a spirit of prayer.  Constant = persistent (keep on praying)


May this verse bring comfort to you as it has for me :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Becca said...

Excellent words from Scripture, and ones I need to remember and commit to more than I do. As I wrote today, I am struggling to be patient and gracious to my little 1.5-year-old, who suddenly got some attitude! Trying to show the patience and love of my heavenly Father to her!

http://makingroomwithus.blogspot.com