Photobucket

Monday, September 20, 2010

Jack's 1st Soccer Game

This past weekend Jack had his 1st soccer game. This is Jack's second year to play soccer. He really seems to like it which I am so glad. I want him to have some fun activities to help him through this deployment. Don't get me wrong, I am not putting the kids in activities thinking they will not think about daddy being gone. That is not it all. I am simply trying to find things that they will enjoy and to help keep their little lives as normal as they can possibly be. ;)
Last year when Jack played soccer he mostly played goalie so he did not field much and therefore did not score any goals. The league we are playing in this year does not play goalies (weird to me) so the kids are fielding the whole time. Jack scored the 1st goal of the game!!! We were so excited for him! And the look on his face was priceless! I wish I would have taken a picture of it, but was to busy yelling and cheering that I forgot. :( But it was perfect. He threw his hands in the air, jumped up and down, and had a smile across his face that stretched from ear to ear. He was so happy and I was so proud of him! He could not wait to tell his daddy all about it when we were able to talk to him later in the day.

The game was so funny! Organized sports at this age is just hilarious! You can not help but laugh. Our team did great. They did not win, but they put in a lot of effort. Our team scored a lot of goals, but it was mostly in the wrong goal which meant the other team got the point. So if the score was 5-2 then I am sure that 3 of the 5 points the other team had was scored by our team. =) Funny how the children did not hear any of us shouting "wrong goal!" They were too focused on making that goal. Like I said, just too funny!

Here are some pictures of the "Cobra's" first game:



















Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!