Photobucket

Friday, February 18, 2011

Reflecting

What a roller coaster the last couple of weeks have been.  I have so much I want to share, but finding the time has not been possible.  I will though.  I am trying to "catch-up" but the more I try the further behind I seem to fall.  A positive though, being this busy has really, really made this deployment go by fast.  (Of course though there are days when I only see that large number of days still ahead of us, but I try to remember how quickly the previous days have passed)

I did want to just do a quick post to say, hello, I am still here.  ;) 

During my quiet times this week, I have been reflecting on so much.  Today marks one year since my granddaddy passed away.  I miss him so much.  I miss his great big hugs.  I miss his matter-of-factness.  I can not believe it has already been a year.  The precious few days I had with him before he passed still seem so vivid.  I hope that those memories will stay with me. (though I do have them journaled just in case)  I am thankful for the time I had with him.  But I am even more thankful that he is no longer suffering and I will see him again one day.  (reflecting on those thoughts make me smile on days like today when he is so heavily on my heart)

I have also been reflecting on some things that have occurred over the last couple weeks.  Some things have been difficult (to say the least)  I mean really difficult...like someone kicked me in the gut difficult.  They have been real eye opening experiences.  I do not mean to leave you "wondering" its just that I do not have the time it would require to say what all has occurred.  Maybe I will be able to share (I don't know) I will say that it has nothing to do with J or my brother or the kids.  J and my brother are doing great.  Their spirits are good and I talk to them as often as possible.  The kids are doing good.  We are in a good routine.  They are both loving school and doing very well at school.  Jackson is reading up a storm.  I am so proud of him.  He is signed up to play ball again this year so I have been trying (key word - trying) to help him with hitting, catching, and throwing.  (Not an easy task for someone who is not athletic, for someone who is left handed trying to help someone who is right handed, oh and did I mention...not athletic at all)  ;)  Its fun though and it is great quality time for us.  Not sure I am looking forward to the busy schedule that ball season brings, but it will be good.  Madeline is just Madeline.  She cracks me up and makes me want to pull my hair out all in the same moment.  Her teacher informed me that in all her years (30 or more I think) that she has not ever had such "divas" in her class as Madeline and her friend are.  Madeline has a boyfriend who brought her a box of chocolates and a chocolate rose to school (yea, he knows how to win Madeline's heart)  She loves dance and tumbling and is preparing for recital in a few months.  (I can not wait to see that)  So I said all that to say, that my family is great (or as great as you can be in the midst of a deployment) and the events of the last few weeks have nothing at all to do with them.  I have found some closure, though the sting is still there at times.  I am just trying to keep my focus on God right now.  And He has been so faithful during this "gut-kicking" time to continue to make Himself known to me and to open doors for me that I would never ever imagine.  Those openings have made me smile and have really reminded me where to keep my focus (so those "gut kicks" don't get to me)  I can not wait to share with you my exciting new adventure. 
I am doing well.  Just busy.  I have become addicted to zumba.  Like, can not get enough of it.  It is so much fun and is my hour to just let loose.  Having fun and loosing weight all at the same time, that is a major plus in my book.  I am getting closer to my weight loss goal.  28 pounds down and 26 to go.  Yay me!  (I just remembered I have not blogged that yet...ok soon...I will do that post complete with before pics yikes)
My sweet Madi also enjoys Zumba.  She and Jack watch the class.  For show and tell last week, Madeline did Zumba moves...are you shaking your head with me???  I am also leading a bible study.  It is going great.  We have yet to have our meeting last less than 4 hours.  This has been such a great study (I could do  a whole nother post just on this study..and I will when we finish) and we are already thinking about what is next.  I have received so much encouragement from not only this bible study, but also from Wives of Faith.  If you are a military spouse or soon to be one and are not familiar with Wives of Faith, please check it out. 

I think that about catches up on us...of course I can not leave this post with out a few pictures.  =) 

This is Madeline and me at her class Valentine party. 


Jason sent us a care package that arrived on Valentines day (how perfect is that???)  We sent him 2 packages for heart day but he just got his today (oh well, glad he got it at least)  Here is Jack holding some of the comic books J sent.


Lastly, we just had our Yellow ribbon event this past weekend.  It was good and very informative.  I enjoyed getting to visit with the families from out of town that we do not see.  Below is a picture of Wendy, Kim and myself.  We are 3 of the 4 FRG officers.  (Angela, where  were you girl??? How did we not get you in the picture??)  These ladies have been with me all 3 deployments and are also in the bible study with me. 


Well, I am off to prepare for our study tonight. I hope if time allows soon that I can share more (especially the good news)  (=


Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Now my curiosity is peaked! Aaahhhh!!! I have no patience!

Praying that the hard things are getting easier! Glad to hear though that all of you are adjusting as well as can be expected.

Want to go to Zumba myself...maybe I'll get to it one day! Ha!

Crystal said...

So happy to hear all of your good news! I love the pictures!

My Nana passed away last week. She was my Granddaddy's 2nd wife. He passed away almost 10 yrs ago and this week I've been thinking of him so much after her passing away. So I know what you mean. I still miss him so much!

I've been thinking a lot about you and praying for you!

Lisa said...

think about you often...thanks for the update.

Crystal said...

I hate that you've been "gut kicked." Obviously I'm curious why anyone might be ugly to you.
I'm glad to hear that you are busy and time is passing so quickly for you!
I am excited about your weight loss! That encourages me! I haven't done Zumba... yet... but would like to! Have you changed your diet as well? I need to loose 15 or so myself! uuggghhh!

Jennifer Bice said...

I can't imagine anyone being so mean to you. You are such a sweet & beautiful person! Can't wait to hear about your zumba experience too!