Photobucket

Monday, August 20, 2012

1st Day of School

Today is the 1st day of school for my babies!! 

I can not believe summer is already over for us....even more, I can not believe that Jack is in 2nd grade and Madeline is in Kindergarten!  My goodness they need to slow down.


The kids were so excited for the 1st day of school that I did not think they were ever going to go to sleep last night.  I was afraid they would have a hard time waking up this morning, but both of them jumped right up at 6am ready to go to school. 

They chose their breakfast...I offered cinnamon rolls, sausage biscuit, biscuit and gravy or cereal....Guess what they chose...cereal!


Here they are...dressed and ready to start their 1st day in kindergarten and 2nd grade

Walking into school....we made their teachers a little treat basket filled with "happy's" (drink mix to add to their water, snacks, candy, gum, lotion, fingernail file, headache meds, etc.)



 Jack and his teacher Mrs. Mallett...she is precious and I know he is going to have a GREAT year in her class!!!  Bonus - she is also a milspouse! 
***Notice this is the only picture of Jack in his class...he did not want us walking him to class (too cool for that) much less taking a numerous amount of photos.  It was all I could do not to give him a big hug and kiss right there in class. 

Madeline and her kindergarten teacher Mrs. Keel...we love Mrs. Keel, she was also Jack's teacher and I know we are going to have a GREAT year in her class. 


Madeline walking in her class:


 Madeline and Daddy:


 Madeline and Mommy:


Now, I am off to keep myself busy...this house it way too quiet :(


Photobucket

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Adorable! I'm so happy you & Jason both got to go together!!
Hope their first day was wonderful!

Allison Crow (Gordon) said...

Yay! School birds!