• 1 loaf Muffaletta bread (or Italian bread)
• 1 cup olive mix
Prepared Oh So Olive Dip (Tastefully Simple)
• 1/4 lb sliced ham
• 1/4 lb sliced mortadella
• 1/4 lb sliced Genoa salami
• 1/4 lb sliced provolone
• 1/4 lb sliced mozzarella
1. Cut bread in half horizontally.
2. Spread half with olive mix and half with Oh So Olive Spread then layer on meats and cheeses.
3. Cover with top. (Note: Ideally the sandwich should be made an hour or more in advance and then tightly wrapped in plastic wrap to enable juices to soak bread.)
4. Slice into quarters and serve.
This recipe makes a lot, but if kept sealed in a jar in the refrigerator it will keep for months.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minute
• 3/4 cup pimento-stuffed olives
• 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
• 1/4 cup giardiniera (Italian pickled vegetables)
• 2 lg. pepperoncini
• 3 - 4 pickled onions
• 2 Tbsp. capers
• 1 md. clove garlic, chopped
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
• A couple of grinds of black pepper
• 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Drain all ingredients.
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
3. Refrigerate overnight
Ultimate Turtle Brownies
1 box (1 lb 6.5 oz) Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
1 bag (14 oz) caramels, unwrapped
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 bag (11.5 oz) semisweet chocolate chunks (2 cups)
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, pouch of chocolate syrup, water, oil and eggs until well blended. Spread 1/2 of batter (about 1 1/2 cups) in pan. Bake 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in large microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and whipping cream uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
3. Pour caramel over partially baked brownie; spread to edges. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup of the pecans. Drop remaining brownie batter by small spoonfuls onto caramel layer. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup pecans.
4. Bake 33 to 36 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool 1 hour at room temperature. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour before serving. For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Store covered at room temperature
ENJOY your Saturday! And.... WAR EAGLE!!!!