Photobucket

Monday, April 4, 2011

Military Life from Alpha to Zulu

Riding the Roller Coaster

This morning I am linking up toThe Military Life from Alpha to Zulu hosted by Wife on the Roller Coaster

Have you ever thought about military life and what it means to you? How is it different than civilian life? 

Wife on the Roller Coaster came up with a wonderful idea to describe military life using the military alaphabet.  So, How would I describe military life from Alpha to Zulu ... here is my take on it:

Alpha -
ACU’s, alone, “Ass-ghan-a-stan”(how my daughter pronounces it)
Bravo –
brave, blogs, blue star flags

Charlie –
care package, combat boots, chain of command

Delta –
dog tags, deployment, drill weekend, daddy dolls

Echo –
Emails, EXHAUSTED

Foxtrot –
foot-locker, FRG, frustration

Golf –
good-byes, gear

Hotel –
Homecoming, “hurry up and wait”

India –
instant-message, I.D. card, Iraq

Juliet –
jet plane

Kilo –
kindness of strangers, Kuwait

Lima –
Lonely, LES (Leave Earnings Statement)

Mike –
meetings, meltdowns, missions, Murphy’s Law!

November –
new clothes for homecoming

Oscar –
other army wives, orders, OPSEC (Operational Security)

Papa –
PT, presents, PX, packing list, PERSEC (Personal Security), Promotions (as in my hubby is now promotable), pride

Quebec –
quiet time

Romeo –
R&R, rumors, reunion, retirement, redeployment, readjusting

Sierra –
skype, sleepless nights, surprises, single parenting, strength

Tango –
Tears (as in I have shed quite a few), training, troops, Tricare

Uniform –
unanswered questions

Victor –
veteran

Whiskey –
web-cam, war

X-Ray –
X (as in X number of days down in this deployment and X number of days left in this deployment )
Yankee –
Yellow Ribbon

Zulu –
Zoo (as in my house looks and sounds like a zoo when my hubby is gone)


Some of these I had to think a while on and even had to ask a friend, so I can not wait to see what others came up with!


Photobucket

6 comments:

rovingrose said...

I just finished my list and now I'm reading all the other lists. I almost spit out my coffee when I read your daughter's pronouciation of Afghanistan. Thanks for the laugh!

Mahala said...

I enjoyed this post....I love the way Maddie says Afghanistan...I think I will start pronouncing it like she does! Ha!

Roller Coaster said...

I love your list!!! Oh my gosh, the way your daughter say Afghanistan is adorable.

Thank you so much for participating and linking up with me today! Now I need to get working on adding everyone's answers to my main list!

Christina said...

That is a cool idea. I love your daughter's pronunciation of Afghanistan. That made me giggle.

Anonymous said...

I know quite a few guys from my husband's shop that pronounce Afghanistan the same way. lol

Nancy said...

I bet 1/2 those words you don't even WANT to know! HA!
One Saturday do you want to ride over (even with kids if you want!) and we will go to lunch & the consignment store? Let me know what you think! We may have to wait until ball season is ova!! :)