Photobucket

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Goo Be Gone, Day Be Gone...whatever...

As a mommy to two toddlers I am all to familiar with "goo be gone." Now if someone would just invent "day be gone." Ever had a day like that? Well today was one of those days for me. I have dealt with more "junk" (insert your own expletive here) in the past 24 hours than I care to deal with again, ever. The only thing I can do is smile and know that tomorrow is a new day (thank you! thank you!) Oh I had such an enjoyable afternoon yesterday. I was able to run errands, grocery shop, and have a mani/pedi all alone (thanks to my wonderful helpers) But I am paying for it today. My kids are dealing with some serious separation anxiety issues today. WOW! I can not get out of their sight at all.
The days really are getting easier (for the most part), but there are still those days when I honestly just want to throw my hands up and say "day be gone." Oh, but how sweet it is that even though emotions change like the days, one thing does not change and that is Christ. His faithfulness, grace, love, forgiveness etc are always the same, always constant, never changing.

"For I am the Lord, I do not change..."
Malachi 3:6

I am so grateful for that stability, that constancy! Please don't think I am complaining, really I am grateful. I am grateful for this journey and how I am learning to rely on Christ so much more now than I have ever before. (Which is hard for me because I am a control freak and now I am in a situation to which I have no control over.)

Jason will be home soon for his pass. We are looking forward to seeing him again! Jackson is so excited. He has planned out so much stuff for his daddy to do with him. :) Madeline is just Madeline...I am not sure if she understands that daddy is coming for a visit. She will be greeting him with a few new bruises (imagine that from my active child) I have no idea how she got the bruises, but if I ventured to guess I am sure it was from one of her many climbing adventures. :)

No comments: