Photobucket

Sunday, April 6, 2008

"Pressed"

Pressed out of measure and pressed to all length,
Pressed so intently, it seems beyond strength.
Pressed in the body and pressed in the soul
Pressed in the mind till the dark surges roll.
Pressed by foes and a pressure by friends,
Pressure on pressure till life nearly ends.
Pressed into knowing no helper but God,
Pressed into loving the staff and the rod.
Pressed into liberty where nothing clings,
Pressed into faith for impossible things.
Pressed into living a life in the Lord
Pressed into living a Christ-life outpoured.
Amy Carmichael


There are times when daily events just seem overwhelming. I feel myself spread so thin and I think how much more of me can I give? It can be exhausting (both physically and emotionally) when all responsibility seems to "fall in my lap" so to speak. I feel so guilty for feeling this way. Believe me I know Jason would love nothing more than to be home and not leave me alone to handle everything. But it is not the path God has chosen for us right now and that alone gives me comfort. God knows me completely and He alone knows my needs best. I have found such comfort in keeping God's word on my mind and in my heart. Only Christ can bring satisfying peace.

"You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You." Isaiah 26:3


We are looking forward to the end of the week when Jason gets a 4 day pass. He is going to come home (can you imagine me trying to travel with the kids??? WOW that would be quite interesting) It is going to be so wonderful to see Jason again! I have not told Jackson yet, thinking I will wait a few days. The timing of this pass has really worked out for us. I was so afraid it would fall during my NY trip, but it did not. :)

Speaking of the NY trip, my fabulous bff Aimee (being the planned person she is) has come up with our itinerary:
MONDAY: April 14th.
Depart ATL: 10:40am
Arrive NY: 1:00pm
Take Shuttle to Hotel/Milford Plaza (located in Theatre District)
2:30- Check in Hotel, Get a Metro Subway Card for the week
3:30- Refer to page 14. Go to Central Park South and walk south: Highlights: The Plaza, Fifth Avenue (FAO Swhartz, Tiffany’s, Trump Tower, Henri Bendel), CafĂ© 2, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Saks Fifth Avenue- Grand Central Station
Evening: Times Square, Get Broadway tickets (47th and Broadway)..Hang out in Times Square/Eat NY hotdog
9:00pm- Empire State Building (go to top and enjoy the view!)
TUESDAY:
8:00am- Big Breakfast
9:00-Take Subway 4,5 or 6 to Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall
Explore Chinatown and Little Italy (page 82), Purses here! Get HG and Lily matching outfits on Mott Street.
12:00- Head towards Brooklyn Bridge (pg. 108) Grab a Starbucks at bridge entrance and walk across the bridge. Head over to the famous Grimaldi’s Pizza in Brooklyn and the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. After lunch, walk over to Brooklyn Heights Promenade for a breath-taking view of Manhattan Skyline.
4:00- World Trade Center (pg.6), Century 21 (shop!!), City Hall Park, Walk down to Financial District, Staten Island Ferry (take pics of Statue of Liberty)
Evening: Decide when we get there. We might need to crash after this day!
WEDNESDAY:
Get up early and get ready for Paula! Show theme “TV Dinners”
8:00- Take Cab to Chelsea Market
9:00- Arrive at Paula’s Studios
11:00- Taping begins
2:00-Change clothes at hotel and head for Central Park (take Subway to Central Park North (pg. 100) Grab food for a picnic on the Great Lawn, People watch, explore Central Park, (wow, its big!)
Broadway Show (8:00pm)
THURSDAY:
9:00- Take Subway N or R to 8th Street and explore historic Greenwich Village. (pg. 75) Take walking tour from book. End at Magnolia Bakery, famous for 100 kinds of cupcakes. Yummy!
Food: Corner Bistro
Explore trendy SOHO
*Do anything else we were too exhausted to do. Re-visit places we loved, Shop Macy’s, etc.
Depart NY: 9:00pm
Arrive ATL: 11:40pm.

WHOA! I am pretty sure that Aimee has covered every square inch of NYC.

I am still debating about my attire for Paula's Party (am I putting way too much emphasis on this?) Thank you all for the suggestions on where to look for the perfect outfit. I did however get me some "easy spirit" shoes...don't laugh I will be comfortable walking the entire state of NY (like Aimee has planned for us to do) ;)

6 comments:

The Terrells said...

hey babe! so glad that y'all get to see Jason! And as far as the new york trip goes- it is very thorough - just wear comfy shoes no matter how ugly they are- you will be happy you did because it is a lot of walking!!! miss you
bethany

Aimee said...

Love the poem..someone sent that to me a couple months ago.

I know...we are going to just die next week. I am really going to be eating my words about your grandma shoes! Maybe I should get some. So glad you got some cute jewelry today. You are going to be beautiful (as always).
Talk to you soon, probably like in 10 mintues..

Lisa said...

After reading Aimee's itinerary I think you are definitely going to need those easy sprirts:) I hope Y'all have fun and so glad you get to see Jason!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I would still love to do pictures for you if you think you'll have a couple of hours.

Love you,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Thanks that you had Amy Carmichaels poem PRESSED on your blog; I was trying to find the author, and you included it, and found it on a goggle search. Thank you -

Anonymous said...

i have enjoyed reading thank for sharing your story Greeting.