Photobucket

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

1st Day of School

Today was Jack's first day of k5. He has really been looking forward to going to school today (especially because he knew his buddies were going to be there)


I love his sweet smile =)


My big boy all ready for his first day of school.


Taking a quick picture under his school's sign.


Jack and his teacher Mrs. Vicki.


Door leading into Jack's class with some of his classmates pictures.

Jack walked right into his class like such a big boy. He was very excited. He hung up his bag, grabbed his box and went straight to his desk and started working. He gave me a quick hug then went right to work...giving me the "it's ok to leave now, mom", look. That made it hard for me...I guess I kinda wanted him to cling to me. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that he did not cling to me or cry for me, but it is hard for my little man to be growing up...sigh...ok, sorry just having a moment.
Madeline had a really hard time leaving her brother at school. She cried for him and said "Don't leave my bubba here, go back and get him" She said it a few times, but after about 30 minutes she calmed down. To pass the time, I decided that Madi needed to make her bubba some cupcakes to celebrate his 1st day of school. So we baked some cupcakes and I let her decorate them (after I iced them).


Here is Madi decorating her bubba's cupcakes. She covered them with sprinkles and gummy bears...I mean what cupcake would be complete without sprinkles and gummy bears?


Jack was so excited to get cupcakes! He gobbled them up =)


Madeline enjoying her hard work.

I am looking forward to this school year. I can not believe how much he is going to learn in pre-school this year! It is going to be so wonderful watching him learn and grow this year. (hard, but wonderful)

Well, enjoy all the pictures and remember to subscribe to the blog (top right corner) so you can get email notifications when I update (if you want to know) (=

Jessica

4 comments:

Nancy said...

He is growing up so fast! He looks so handsome for his first day! I love the cupcakes! Way to go, Little sis!!

Unknown said...

I'm not ready for this myself! I was sad reading about him starting and he's not even mine! I guess I was sad for you and Madi! Hope he had a great first day!

Tamara said...

Such a big boy!! I can't believe how fast they are growing up! You are such a good mommie...and so creative...the cupcakes look delicious!!

love and hugs!

Crystal said...

He's so cute! Cupcakes make everything better! :)