Photobucket

Friday, September 11, 2009

WHERE WERE YOU????

Where were you on 9/11/01?

I was driving down a street in our small town just starting my day on my way to see clients. I remember listening to the radio when a report came over the air that a plane had hit one of the towers. I was shocked that something like that could happen. I never thought that it had anything to do with terrorist...not in the USA right? Must have been a plane malfunction right? So I shrugged it off and continued with my drive. Not to long after another broadcast came on and said another plane had hit. I pulled my car over and tried make sense (as if that is possible) of what was going on. I remember the initial fear I felt and the thoughts of how can this be happening, here, in the US? I turned around, went back to work, and called my family...I just needed to make sure they knew I loved them. My brother was at bootcamp so I could not call him...that was hard. I remember praying with my co-workers through out the day. I remember being glued to the television for days. I remember feeling like life as we knew it would never be the same...and it is not. I remember a month after the attacks my precious husband walked into a recruiting office (with me by his side) so that he could sign up to serve this great nation. I remember a strong sense of patriotism...wearing patriotic pins and flying the flag.
So today, 8 years after the attacks on this great country we live in, I remember the events and how they affected me, but most importantly I remember the lives lost in the towers, the pentagon, the field in Pennsylvania, the brave men and women who were 1st responders, the friends and families who lost loved ones, and the men and women who are serving this country today to keep us safe.

So my friends in blog world...Where were you on 9/11/01?



Below is a video I found on youtube. (be sure to pause the music player at the bottom before watching

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a great question Jess. I walked downstairs at the Phi Mu house. The TV was on. I sat on the edge of the oversized coffee table glued to the TV watching as the 2nd plane had just hit. My stomach dropped. I had to study for an exam the following day. I couldn't believe I had to take the exam. I am sure I didn't do well on it because I couldn't study.